Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Society of Singers Salute to Peggy Lee

Posted by Rick Scott 
Society of Singers Salute to Peggy Lee
November 23, 2018 08:08AM
Stumbled across a listing for PremOpera. They have a DVD of The Society of Singers Salute to Peggy Lee (1994). I ordered it but haven't received it yet. It sounds great and it's only $3.50. Any information about this DVD, I never hear anything about it and was wondering about the quality. Thanks.
Re: Society of Singers Salute to Peggy Lee
February 10, 2020 10:03AM
The DVD of the Society of Singers salute to Peggy Lee available from premiereoperaintl.com is very good to excellent quality. The program concludes with Miss Lee performing “S’Wonderful” and “Here’s To You,” as well as an impromptu duet with Joe Williams on “Alright, Okay, You Win.” Other performances include Ruth Brown, “Fever;” Natalie Cole, “I’m A Woman;” k.d. lang, “I Am In Love” and “Black Coffee;” and Cleo Laine and John Dankworth, “When The World Was Young.” The site also has other Society of Singers DVD’s, such as the salute to Frank Sinatra, which is higher quality and features Miss Lee performing “The Man I Love,” with her own special lyrics in tribute to Mr. Sinatra. In addition, the site has a DVD of the 1969 PBS special “The World of Peggy Lee,” which is excellent quality, as well as numerous variety shows, such as “The Ed Sullivan Show” and “The Steve Allen Show,” featuring performances by Miss Lee. This writer has no knowledge of and makes no representations regarding copyrights.
Re: Society of Singers Salute to Peggy Lee
April 09, 2020 11:57PM
I just ordered this DVD and it is on sale for $3.49 from Premiere Opera:

[www.premiereoperaintl.com]

Thanks for the information.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login