Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The search for The Quintessential Peggy Lee

Posted by tidal 
The search for The Quintessential Peggy Lee
October 26, 2022 08:46PM
The Quintessential Peggy Lee (1984) had a complete and clear copy on YouTube, which was one of the most transformative things I kept near and dear to me.

The video was taken down by Warner Music a few months ago. I'm still in mourning. It was the 1h24m version with all the missing songs and the recording's visuals and audio were fantastic.

Some of you probably know this particular version I'm talking about. I think the uploader (nw5alive - he still has a bunch of treasures uploaded to his channel, like Ella in Tokyo, Betty Carter, Toots, etc.) is now inactive and unreachable. Other copies still exist in other video hosting sites but it's either the abridged version not longer than 54 minutes or the one I'm looking for but in abysmal quality.

There isn't a way to purchase a digital copy online otherwise I would've gladly shelled out the cash ages ago despite being in the third world. You may buy a VHS/DVD copy on Amazon but it's of the abridged version.

I'd appreciate it if I received any leads regarding obtaining the desired copy because it really did leave a giant void in my life that can't be replaced by anything else. I'm not even being melodramatic. I loved everything about that concert. The arrangements were fresh and flawless.

I hope her estate sees the value of this concert and try to breathe new life to it with a proper reissue. If anybody here is a part of her team or is affiliated to them and you also are a fan of the performance feel free to pass this message around... I'm pretty sure it would do well...

Thank you for reading... fingers crossed....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login