Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Super Bitch"

Posted by rgoettsch 
"Super Bitch"
April 17, 2024 04:50PM
As far as I can tell, the recent expanded and re-mastered issue of Norma Deloris Egstrom from Jamestown, North Dakota has not led to a discussion of one new tidbit of information in the notes. According to Ivan Santiago's notes, producer Tom Catalano wanted to title the album Super Bitch. Mr. Catalano argued that this title would draw more attention to the album. Peggy Lee rejected the idea out of hand. I do think that that title would have drawn more attention to the album and may have drawn more buyers to the album. On the other hand, that title may have alienated or shocked Miss Lee's loyal mainstream audience, because "bitch' had a more negative connotation in 1972. What are others' thoughts as to whether the proposed Super Bitch title should have been used? Also, it would have been interesting if that title would have been used for the new release.
Re: "Super Bitch"
April 19, 2024 03:04AM
Nooooooooo... I would have hated that. It's not respectful to a great artist who achieved so much at that point of her career. I'm glad they didn't call the album Super Bitch. Maybe that is interesting for a pop star of today but certainly not for Miss Peggy Lee in my opinion.

Richard
Re: "Super Bitch"
April 19, 2024 03:58PM
I can imagine Peggy Lee recording an album that would fit the title “Super Bitch” - an album that included, for example, the songs “I Hate Men”, “I Want to be Evil”, “To Keep My Love Alive” and “Whatever Lola Wants”. But I do not think the “Norma Deloris Egstrom” album fits this title. (I guess the fact that the album includes the song “Superstar” may have affected Catalano’s thinking.)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login