Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reese Witherspoon

Posted by Richardholland 
Reese Witherspoon
March 22, 2015 05:00AM
Yesterday I saw Reese Witherspoon in her latest movie Wild. What a great story and I was very impressed with the whole movie and Reese's acting. While watching I realized that I can't wait to see Reese as Peggy in the biopic. I think she's up to it and will do justice to Peggy's life and career on screen. Is there any news on the film?

Richard.
Re: Reese Witherspoon
April 21, 2019 04:52PM
Must disagree with you, Richard. Reese just doesn't "ooze" the sexiness that Peggy had.
April 23, 2019 06:56AM
Reese doesn't have Peggy's sensual look or voice. Nicole Kidman could pull it off (using Peggy's recordings). The big question is when is the film going to be made, it's been on the back burner for 14 years.
April 23, 2019 12:06PM
I'm wondering if there will be a movie in the end. It's too quiet for a long time now. Let's hope and pray. I think Reese can pull it off. We'll have to be patient.

Richard
April 23, 2019 01:00PM
Since Nora Ephron passed away it may not happen. This would be something her granddaughter would have to answer. I agree with Rick. Maybe Nicole could pull it off. It was all in the eyes. Nobody has Peggy's eyes.
May 13, 2019 11:48AM
To the best of my knowledge, the film is still on with Todd Haynes as director and Doug Wright as screenwriter, but development has been stalled by the Disney/Fox merger. I don't think the passage of time hurts the project, but the wait is frustrating.
May 15, 2019 01:04PM
Somehow I missed the biopic on Judy Garland and I was surprised to see the trailer with Renee Zellweger. It will come out in September and let's hope it will be a success. At least something to look forward to. I love Judy, like Peggy she had a marvelous sense of humour.

Richard
July 27, 2019 12:20PM
Richard, I too have seen the trailer for Judy. Renee has me sold! The voice and the look...amazing! Can't wait to see it. I still wish Nicole Kidman would play Peg. She has the look in her eyes. Same expressions. Reese does not have this. I have to buy it. I don't buy Reese... not even in "Walk the Line". She sure wasn't June Carter Cash. Love to all, Cate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login