Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where is everybody?

Posted by cateb 
Where is everybody?
April 21, 2019 05:06PM
Since this is all new to me, I have been reading back through the years. It seems so many of the fans that were on here have left the site. I was just wondering where everyone went? Doesn't seem to be as many posts anymore. Just wondering. But then of course, I'm new to the Peggy Lee fan club. I'm 62 and have finally found the light. Her name is Miss Peggy Lee. I don't know where she has been all my life, or vice versa. Love reading all the back logs, though.
Re: Where is everybody?
April 23, 2019 12:04PM
Well, I'm still here ;-). Checking this website regularly. I think a lot more is going on on the Facebook page of Peggy. I myself quit Facebook a couple of years ago. I wonder Cateb how did you discover Peggy later in life? What brought you to her? I still remember I discovered her in my teens (now 51 years of age) while my friends enjoyed the music of the day I became mesmerized by the singer and persona of Peggy Lee. What a thrill it was to hear songs for the first time and later see her perform on TV (YouTube).

Richard.
April 23, 2019 12:57PM
Thanks for still sticking around, Richard. As to what brought me to Peggy is a mystery. I woke up one morning and had this song stuck in my head that I had not heard in years. I had not heard anything of Peggy or heard her music lately. The song was "Is that all there is"? I looked it up on you tube and I was hooked. I suddenly wanted to hear all her songs and learn every thing I could about her. Crazy as this sounds, it is never the less true. When I heard "Don't Explain" I was REALLY hooked!! Now, not a day goes by that I don't watch her 1969 version on you tube. Her body movements fascinate me. I already ordered and received one of her cd's, and her The Quintessential Peggy Lee Dvd that I have yet too watch. Put out in 1984. I love watching her old interviews. I seriously don't know what brought me to her. It is unexplainable. Whatever, I am very happy to have found her after 62 years. As Peggy said, she thought of us all as ONE. I like to think she guided me to her. Happy listening, Richard!!
April 24, 2019 09:50AM
Nice story! You fell under the mesmerizing spell of Miss Peggy Lee, just like the rest of us ;-). Richard
Iv
June 29, 2019 01:18PM
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/V2gAAOSwsuNbw~s~/s-l1600.jpg

Cateb wrote:
I was just wondering where everyone went? Doesn't seem to be as many posts anymore.
Just wondering ... It seems so many of the fans that were on here have left the site

Hi Cateb, it was a pleasure to read all your recent posts. I concur with Richard's assessment: it is the age of Facebook and Twitter. Some of our former posters migrated to those platforms. As for more casual or brand new fans, they might be more inclined to visit Facebook and YouTube, too.

In my case (as one of the regular posters of yore), I grew disenchanted at the lack of dialogue. The time came when the only folks maintaining any sort of conversation or exchange were just three or four of us -- Richard, George, Yvan Tarbouriech ...

Well, time for a fresh try.

I am seeing your post a few weeks late, Cateb, but I must say that they have awakened me from my slumber.

It's quite nice, too, to see your posts, Richard. (And so good of you to respond so promptly.)

Cateb also wrote:
Everyone seems to dwindling on Peggy's site.
I know that I don't always look to see if anyone has written ....
I just would like some answers I can't find of FB ...

Well, if you are still around, just let us know, and I'll see if I can help answering some of the questions that you've posed in your other messages.

Iván

https://img.discogs.com/pr7V4Kp7eGQq_DYRP1mTKW4sy3Y=/fit-in/600x592/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(90)/discogs-images/R-4134140-1356442625-8343.jpeg.jpg
July 04, 2019 10:05AM
Hello Iván,

Nice to read your latest post. Although I'm not on Facebook anymore I check Peggy's page on FB every now and then. I hope next year will give us some new items to discuss here, like a new DVD, an update on the biopic and maybe some unreleased material. It's a special year, so I keep my fingers crossed.

Richard
Iv
July 13, 2019 03:09PM
Always glad to hear from you, Richard. I'm not subscribed to Facebook, either -- never been, actually. On the matter of what next year will bring, there is positive word of mouth out there. As Peter Stoller kindly corroborated in another thread, Peggy's estate is said to have been working very hard at settling deals for several projects, in the hope of turning 2020 into a very special centennial. Given today's complicated world of mergers, large conglomerates, exorbitant fees, and deep storage of original music sources, I can only imagine that the whole process is trying, time-consuming, and sometimes frustrating. But perseverance can pay off. I bet that, in some ten months from now, we will have reason to celebrate! smiling smiley

Ivan
July 13, 2019 04:35PM
Hello Richard. So glad to hear from you. I am presently listening to Peggy. Just thought I would jump on here and see if anything at all was happening. Seems to be you and me. I have pm andy who said he would burn me a copy of Peg's cd I wanted. No reply. I have finally found her last recording "I See You" on here. I had quite a time finding it. I had to go through who wrote it.. I found it. Now, I listen to it so much it makes me cry. She sounds so tired. I so wish we could go back in time.

Love
Cate
July 13, 2019 07:09PM
Thank you Ivan for writing back. I absolutely was thrilled. Almost like getting a letter from Miss Peg. I, like Richard, hope this new year will bring some good news. I do have some questions only you or Richard might be able to answer. We MUST keep Peg alive! This is my resolution. Thank you, gentlemen again for writing back.

Love
Cate
Iv
July 16, 2019 02:47PM
Great to hear from you, Cate! Now that I know you are still around, I'll start re-checking some of the posts that you've posted, to see if I can help answer some of the questions that you posed. I'll probably get to it tomorrow. Meanwhile, let's all honor your above-stated "forever Peggy" resolution!

Ivan
July 22, 2019 10:48AM
Yes sir! Honor Peg is my goal. I love her so. I went to the store today and put her CD in, and I was in wonderland for a while. I truly am sad that I never got to see her, or meet her. I am still at a incredible loss as to why I woke up one morning with a song stuck in my head. It lead me here. I have no explanation. Love, Cate. (I am not crazy, but I still have her songs in my head at night. Weird!)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login