Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yesterday

Posted by Richardholland 
Yesterday
March 21, 2020 03:19AM
Check out this wonderful performance by Paul McCartney, Peggy and Dionne Warwick. A beautiful rendition of the famous song Yesterday. It's touching and the voices blend in beautifully. Keep safe and healthy everybody. This might cheer you up.

[www.youtube.com]

Richard
Re: Yesterday
March 22, 2020 02:47PM
Shirley Bassey said she recorded “Yesterday” after she saw Peggy sing the song at the Waldorf.
April 02, 2020 03:08PM
Richard...glad to see you again. I have been off site for many months. Glad to be back since is is getting warmer out. I play Peg in warmer weather. Very strange!
April 02, 2020 03:25PM
I just listened to this, Richard. Wish I had it. Beautiful.
April 06, 2020 09:46AM
Hi Cateb, nice to see you are back on the bulletin board and yes this is one of my favourites too. They all sound so wonderful together. It was on YouTube before and it's fantastic.

Richard
April 08, 2020 01:57AM
Richard thank you for posting this video. It is a great and unique performance by Peggy.

Don't forget that Paul McCartney and Peggy were close. He produced her "Let's Love" Album, and even more importantly, Peggy was the first of the 'mainstream adult' singers to perform the beatles music. She introduced them to the parents of the kids that were jumping up and down and yelling when the Beatles sang.

Another piece of trivia: The first two times that the Beatles appeared on the "Ed Sullivan Show", the headliner was actually Mitzi Gaynor, who was a bigger star. She says that they were very nice and wanted to meet her. Mitzi's videos are a lot of fun to watch, she is very funny. Check out an interview on CBS November 2019. [www.youtube.com]. or this great song from one of her amazing TV specials [www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login