Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Peg: A Musical Autobiography

Posted by Nokocchi 
Peg: A Musical Autobiography
May 09, 2021 07:38PM
Hey all!

I've been looking into this brief musical production, and I heard that there was audio of a performance floating around. Does anyone here know anything about that, and how I could possibly get my hands on a copy? I'm really quite interested to hear it!

Thanks!
Re: Peg: A Musical Autobiography
January 16, 2023 08:58AM
Hi!

I found your post because it has been bothering me...

I have heard the song "One Beating Each Day" from that musical....I've heard it! But I can't remember exactly how or where. It may have been on NPR.

It is so mind-blowing that I can't find a recording of the song on the internet.
August 29, 2023 07:38PM
I happened to have seen "Peg" way back when on a trip to NYC. I must have timed it just right as I see that it did not have a long run. Peggy Lee was great doing her autobiographical show. She told all about her abusive childhood and her lucky break and her trouble with "Lady and the Tramp". I wasn't a big Peggy Lee fan going in, I mean, I liked her and her hit songs, but I was after the show.

My question is... did Peggy Lee ever lay down tracks for a possible release of an LP for "Peg"? I see most of the tracks are available with the exception of "He'll Make Me Believe That He's Mine". Did she ever record this track? What I'm doing is compiling the songs from the show and making a faux cast album. Thanks for any information.
October 16, 2023 08:03AM
An excerpt of the song "One Beating A Day" can be heard in the Mo-bituaries podcast "Peggy Lee: The Death Of Cool."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login