Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

'Norma Deloris Egstrom' 50th anniversary edition

Posted by peggyfan 
'Norma Deloris Egstrom' 50th anniversary edition
September 30, 2022 06:53AM
Hello all,

We're happy to announce today that Norma Deloris Egstrom from Jamestown, North Dakota, Peggy's much-admired 1972 album, will be celebrated with a 50th anniversary deluxe edition (CD and digital), to be released November 18. Read more here:

[www.peggylee.com]

David
Re: 'Norma Deloris Egstrom' 50th anniversary edition
October 03, 2022 04:22PM
October 20, 2022 07:29AM
October 22, 2022 06:39AM
November 06, 2022 04:39PM
Delighted my favorite Peggy being reissued. As disappointed with the remixes on the old EMI 2on1.

Just wonder about where and when the beautiful Pieces of Dreams was recorded and why it’s not on any of her albums. Was the B side of single One More Ride on the Merry Go Round. Came out later on album Make It with You but not including Pieces of Dreams.

Same for It Changes, mentioned as a sessions outtake. What means a sessions outtake?
November 18, 2022 10:06AM
https://www.peggylee.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/OUTNOW.png

Happy release day for Norma Deloris Egstrom from Jamestown, North Dakota! Be sure to purchase your copy if you haven't already done so.

The following page includes a link to the supplemental notes by Iván Santiago in PDF form. As mentioned, the supplemental notes don't duplicate Iván's notes in the CD booklet, so dedicated fans will definitely want both to fully experience the making of this much-loved album,

Norma Deloris Egstrom from Jamestown, North Dakota

(Robert, in answer to your question, a "session outtake" is a song that was recorded during the same recording sessions for an album but ultimately not used in the original release, as was the case with "It Changes.")

Happy listening -- and happy reading,

David
November 19, 2022 09:48AM
Just wanted to thank all those involved in bringing this beautiful 50th edition to fruition.

Can we have a similar decent reissue of the under-rated "Pretty Eyes" next please...?

Thanks again.
November 20, 2022 11:51AM
If anyone would like to review this release to assist potential Amazon purchasers, here are the links:

Amazon US

Amazon UK

David
Iv
December 22, 2022 11:03AM
I just went to check, and was pleased to see four reviews. Of course, I for one am hoping to see more than four reviews before the year is over, but I’ll happily take four for the time being. It makes me especially glad to note that all four reviewers have given 5 stars to the album! Actually, while I'm at it, I might as well re-post all these reviews here:

A wonderful and important reissue!
5 out of 5 stars
I bought this a fortnight ago and it has been in my CD player every day. Even though the songs were recorded half a century ago, to my ears they have not dated. The whole CD is that good.
By Rosebud
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 29, 2022

Worth the wait!!!!
5 out of 5 stars
This was re-issued years ago as a 2-fer CD, together with "I'm A Woman". Whilst that was a welcome release at the time, it was not a straight re-issue of the original album, as apparently EMI UK were unable to locate the master tapes. Therefore, numerous alternate mixes were substituted, with an outtake also introduced, breaking up the original LP sequence. AT LAST, we now have this beautifully remastered CD (including the outtake and alternate versions, but sensibly placed as bonus tracks at the end). It may have been Peggy's last LP for Capitol Records but it's a stunner and this is a fabulous re-issue. Buy it whilst it's around!!
by Neroli
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 21, 2022

An important album in the Lee discography..
5 out of 5 stars
This was Miss Lee's final outing on the Capitol label, and it was the best that she had released in years. Great production and arrangements of contemporary and classic songs, and she was at peak vocal form. This is an essential release for Peggy Lee enthusiasts with superb remastering. Truly a labor of love and not to be passed by!
by Allen Bardin
Reviewed in the United States on November 25, 2022

One of Peggy's best albums!
5 out of 5 stars
I remember buying this album, back in the 1970's, when the album had just come out. The album got played regularly - and, because of that, this album is part of the "soundtrack of my life." Whenever I remember episodes of my life in the 1970's, this album plays in my mind, accompanying my memories. So, when I read about this album being remastered, and re-released, (in honor of its 50th anniversary), I decided to buy the CD. (I still have the original album - but never play records, anymore.)
There are a few parts of the album (orchestrations) that may seem a bit dated, but these orchestrations truly represent what music WAS, back when this was recorded. And, considering this was recorded 50 years ago, this album holds up VERY well - and remains one of Peggy Lee's best studio albums. She's in very good form, here - with her voice sounding "hot"... (Some singers have a "warmth" to their voice - but Peggy, on this album, has "heat" in her voice... Seriously - it's like her vocal cords are on fire... It's a GREAT sound.) She sounds upbeat, with her voice smoldering... burning up the lyrics as she owns each song. Love the album. The whole sound of the album is fantastic - with instruments clearly defined (no "blurring" of sounds - every instrument has purpose, and can be clearly heard... without interfering in Peggy's own space in the tracks). Whoever did the remastering did an incredible job. Capitol Records was a fool to not keep recording Peggy, and dropping her contract after this recording. This is Peggy Lee as we all love hearing her. This album is essential to anyone's music collection.
By Victor
Reviewed in the United States on December 12, 2022
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login